I have an automatic 2000 A4 FWD, i was wondering, if there are any engine parts that can really improve his performance,not like a turbo or something that big, i mean something smaller and cheaper

35

Asked by Dec 21, 2009 at 09:52 PM about the 2000 Audi A4

may be u can try a k&n air filter

55

Get yourself a chip. That paired with a cold air will get you some nice performance out of it

125

APR will chip your car for about $500 and will take a 1.8t from 170hp to 215hp. I'm pretty sure you have a 3.0, but I don't know how many hp their upgrade will get ya. Still, 45hp for $500 is well worth it.

35

go with a unitronic chip, it is soo amazing, and the tech support is great, I have 2 A4`s with the unitronic tune.

tires and or springs and you can always ditch the spare. remember hpo makes you fast in a stright line being light and having grip along with less air resitance and body roll will make you fast everyway possible

125

Great comment Zachary. HP is awesome, but it's not much use if they don't get to the ground or if you slide off the road. Straight line racing is for mustangs and GTOs, and they can keep it.

55

He specifically asked for engine performance upgrades, so stop trying to start a domestic-import argument.

125

This is an import forum. I can talk trash about domestics if I want. The people in here have imports for a reason. Besides, it's not an argument. On a track that turns both left AND right, European automakers would have far more cars in the top 20 times than North American manufacturers. Outside of the Corvette, Shelby, Ford GT, 2010 Camero, and the V series from Caddy, what's out there? There's not a single domestic company that makes performance cars, specifically. Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Mazerati, etc. How many (production) domestic, "performance" brands can you name? I was stating a fact. You started an argument. Don't be silly.

sorry that springs or dropping the spare are cheeper upgrades. I was giving him cheeper upgrades that will help more then more horespower. he sated it is a FWD car not AWD. belive me this is not a demestic vs. import argurment it is simply a performance one. just look at this, what is the first thing a racer of any kind does? he drops as much weight as possible. Drag cars and track cars do this. springs? everyone that knows anything about racing will do this. and tires? really that's a given. I know these arn't hp helpers but they will make his car better. weather that be as a daily driver weekend tunner or track car. so sorry if plain facts offend you

55

I know that, but he specifically asked about engine parts that can improve performance, and come back with "straight line racing is for gto's and mustangs, and they can keep it" -obviously trying to start. You talk about tracks that turn left and right, meanwhile he said nothing about taking his audi on a track, so yeah I think a chip would be more suitable for what he wants. And besides, The Viper ACR and Corvette ZR1 are the two fastest cars around the Nurburgring, which I believe has a few right turns.

125

LOL. Ralph, dude, that was my second comment, if you noticed. I answered his question right the first time. I was making conversation with like-minded people after that. I didn't realize that the "no comments other than direct answers to the question" police would jump down my throat. The fact that the US can put out 2 cars that do well at the Nurburgring is great, but I mentioned the top 20 speeds, the vast majority of which would be Imports.

55

Yeah you're absolutely right, I mean the corvette was built for guys who had come back from war and wanted a sportscar like they've driven overseas. Most of the U.S.' roads are straight, so naturally our cars have been designed in a way that suits that. I'd kill to drive on a mountain pass, or have access the nurburgring at my own leisure. Since I can't, i'll have myself a nice mustang or gto.

what parts just out of currriosity

35

goapr.com buy an engine chip. you wont regret it.

35

Is it a turbo model? If so I would get a GIAC or APR chip for the engine and the GIAC tip chip for the transmission. It is like night and day.