91 loyal will not engage 4 wheel dr.

Asked by Sep 23, 2013 at 09:51 PM about the 1991 Subaru Loyale

When pressing the 4 wheel button in stick shift. It will not engage 4x4.

Check the fises and or relays but sounds to me like the solinoid to engage the 4 wheel drive is either not get power to it or it needs to be replaced

I mean fuses

check your vacuum lines

I do not belieave those were vacum operated I think they were electric then. Don't know for sure though

Nick Eidemiller

they were electric, start where ronc258 said if that dosn't work check for power at the solenoid, if you have power there then replace the solenoid.