swapping a manual transmission into a 1992 svx

Asked by May 14, 2011 at 10:29 AM about the 1992 Subaru SVX

im using a 1992 2.2 legacy L wagon 5 speed manual transmission, anybody have any information like problems I may run into doing this?....I know the basic stuff, I have to use the same rear differential out of the same car the transmission came out of, and I know I have to probably modify some trans braces, have the driveline cut to fit etc, but any other situations......I have done a lot of online research and am learning a lot but if I was lucky enough to talk with someone who has already done this, that would be really great, thanks Randy

135

All I can say is you will love it. I have a 5 speed WRX swap . You will not be able to abuse the 2.2 tranny. Driving like and adult it will surly last . Drive aggressive and you will blow it. USE a heave duty clutch. That is the weak link

135

Mine was converted not by me . i do hve compleat instructions. recomend the GT or WRX tranny. If you plan to drive it normaly any subi tranny works all have been used Impreza , forester etc.