fuel delivery

5

Asked by Nov 20, 2008 at 02:13 AM about the 1992 Subaru Loyale

I recently ran my "new to me" 1992 subaru wagon out of gas,
and after adding gas the car will not start
any ideas what may have happened

45

Have you tried priming it with gas by spraying it in the intake.Sometimes when you run them out of gas they have a hard time picking it up.I had a sunfire that I did that with and it killed the battery and had to be primed to start.Good luck

10

There is no priming pump in this car, you need to blow into the filler tube, or just rock it around, push it forward and then slam on the breaks. These fuel tanks use gravity alone on an uphill path to get to the fuel pump, or cycle the key on and off four or five times until you can hear it pump fuel when you stick your head under or out the door and listen.