Is the 1994 Subaru svx a 4 wheel drive or 2 wheel drive

Asked by Mar 08, 2013 at 01:18 PM about the 1994 Subaru SVX

90,125

It was offered both ways. You can tell by reading the VIN. --- "Soon after the SVX entered production, Subaru began to realize that the high selling price of the SVX was giving some buyers "sticker shock" in North America. In an attempt to attract more buyers, a front-wheel drive version was offered on the SVX during the 1994–1995 model year, which cost about $5,300 less than the AWD version in 1994. and $1500 difference in 1995. In 1994, FWD was offered on both the base L model (X33 in the VIN) and on the mid-range LS model (X34 in the VIN). In 1995, only the base L model was offered in FWD (X33 in the 5th, 6th and 7th digits of the VIN). Buyers avoided the compromised FWD version and weak sales figures led to its discontinuation after 1995."

35

You can get both the AWD and the FWD version. I had an AWD version and while it handled well in inclement weather it was not necessary where I lived in South Carolina. Also, the AWD had a tendency to have major transmission issues.