braking and exhaust

25

Asked by Nov 07, 2009 at 03:23 PM about the 2005 Subaru Impreza

I have a 2005 impreza would like to upgrade the standard braking system to a performance system, as I live in the mountains and want more braking power.
Any suggestions???

Thanks

7,105

cross drilled, slotted, vented rotors with a good set of pads would give you plenty of bite.

7,105

not sure if ebc makes parts for your model subaru but im a big fan of ebc brakes.

25

well that's helpful... you are talkign to someone that doesn't know much about car parts is there a good brand you would recommend I don't really trust the dealer around here they don't know what they are doing. They charged me for parts that they didn't put in. I wanted a performance clutch and got charged for one but it wasn't the part, I had to go back and complain and they admitted to screwing up and putting in a regular one... go figure ok sorry for the rant. Just wondering if there are s[pecific parts or brands I am willign to spend alot for it.

25

thanks I'll take a look at some parts :) you have been very helpful.

25

Well, there are many options for what you want to do. It all depends on how much you are willing to spend. You can do like one said earlier. Slotted rotters and and steel braided brake lines. Some hawk pads will do your car a big improvement. For brake lines, try to find coated lines to prevent rust. You can also get a big brake kit. Like Brembo or Stoptech. Also, upgrade your brake fluid.

25

For what brands just look around for deals. Like rotors you can find on ebay for some what cheap. Also, just look up vendors for hawk pads and goodridge brake lines.

435

you just want to be careful because your braking ability is not something you want to take a chance with a cheap part on, they are not all created equal. Check fastwrx.com, rallitek.com, jscspeed.com for some good parts and recommendations. stay away from no name knock off parts off of ebay, leave those to the honda ricers

5

just do a swap to an STI brake package, should just bolt on, you may need larger rims thought after for clearance, depending on what size you are running now. This swap has been done to my impreza and i like the change, you will love the difference, Cheers!

35

Hey there! I would suggest swapping a set of front calipers from the JDM impreza, these are also called "Group N" calipers. These are 4-piston calipers. Subaru Rally Team USA uses these on there rally cars. These are also the same brakes as on the 2006-2007 Wrx sedans. I swapped these calipers onto my 2002 WRX and loved them. I also added stainless braided lines as well as some nicer Hawk pads, and because I tracked the car, I used ATE Super Blue brake fluid. This setup should not cost very much as the rotors do not need to be swapped. If you want even more braking power for less, try an H6 upgrade for the rears. The kit will come with new brackets and rotors to help rear brake biasing. I performed this upgrade on my 02 wrx before I sold it. I currently now have a 2006 wrx that I autox, rallx, open track, and participate in TSD's with. Check out OAKOS.com for you Subaru needs. Best prices around and mention that I sent you. You might get a better deal. Hope I could help.