2003 Saturn Vue automatic trans swap

Asked by Dec 04, 2011 at 01:20 AM about the 2003 Saturn VUE

Does anyone know what, if any other, automatic trans will fit this Vue? I want to get rid the variable drive junk for a trans that's reliable and cheaper to maintain. It has the 2.2 L engine, is AWD but having only front wheel drive suits me just fine if it means getting rid of this GM  poor excuse of a transmission. Great vehicle, but the trans is crap. THX!

2,855

http://wot.motortrend.com/gm-settles-classaction-suit-over-transmission-failures-in-saturn-vue-and-ion-2288.html You're going to have to read the fine-print on this...because of your vehicle's model year, you may be just outside of the 8-yr window for this settlement, but it's worth looking into for sure. Also, check out this site: http://www.rebuiltautotransmissions.com/used-transmissions/saturn-vue-2006-store.html The failure rate is really high on the CVT transmissions, which were the ones mated to the 2.2L Ecotec up through 2005. So if you can find a transmission that was for the 2.2L Ecotec and AWD, and from 06 or 07 (07 being the last year for 1st generation Vues) you should be good to go, although I'm not factoring in possible problems with the Engine Control Module and the Transmission Control Module as far as what may need to be replaced as well to get the thing to perform properly.

i did swap my 2003 CVT tanny with a 4T40-E tranny and it works fine..but there's a lot of modification invovled mechanically ,electronic and electrical

60

hola desearia saber si si¿olucionaste tu problema y como lo hiciste gracias con tu saturn vue

100

@albert598, what were exactly (point by point) all the modifications involved and how much did it cost ya ? You can email me personal details at phil.killa@yahoo.com . I'd appreciate it, thanks you sir.

10

hi

10

hi albert58 how did you do it?

40

@albert598 can u send m the types of modification u had to do n how much it cost u to jgonzalez8805@sbcglobal.net Thank V. Jose

30

Hey Albert any chance on passing some of that information along I'm desperate I have 2003 saturn vue kanisiochildress@yahoo.com

20

OHHHH My...how I wished I did the research before buying my 2003 Saturn Vue. I bought it for little to nothing, but I'm getting quoted at Edward Transmission to replace the VTi with another used VTi for $3000. Why would I want to buy another one of these crappy transmissions? Albert, would you please e-mail information on the motifications you had to make to get the other transmission to work? My e-mail address is sipovia@yahoo.com Thanks.

10

ALBERT, I WOULD LIKE YOUR INFORMATION PLEASE! WILLYFOULKES@GMAIL.COM

Can you please send me all the information of how you did it please eachalfredo@hotmail.com

I would also like the information on how you did it. dwconatser@gmail.com

10

I would like the info as well please. Email me at jaraecomstock@gmail.com

10

I would like the info as well please Email me at foxfan67@yahoo.com

120

hi Richard, you need a aisin af23 from Saturn ion 2003 or 2004, a trans module, wire harness, the same car or the best option is a Saturn vue 3.0 2003 for proper shift, the trans mounts from the top, and the back, some modifications from the harness and will pass the smog, and state regulations, I have a manual for that cost me 100 dlls. but it will works. when finishing you will have a Saturn vue 2002-4 with a Toyota transmission with 5 speeds automatic.

385

Hi, I made 20 successful Saturn Vue transmission swaps and it is a perfect match only if you have the right info, I do have the Manual to do this and I can provide advice and help by phone, Hablo español deje mensaje si interesado (619) 535-OEMS

70

VT25E_SWAP, I have a 2002 Olds Alero 2.2L Ecotech will it's transmission work in a 2003 Saturn Vue 2.2L Ecotech AWD? If not, your info in swaps would be awesome. Would love to have a better MPG vehicle but hate the transmission. Can email as well to teamoakalani@yahoo.com Thanks

20

Can you send me some pics of the trans mounts on the vue swap!

120

the_car_man if you refer to me this is the pic

210

Hi i have a 2004 saturn vue awd 2.2 Lmotor trans is the vt25e can u tell me what trans i can swap out or need to do thr swap thanks larry

210

385

Follow this link http://goo.gl/XRKBUI

80

Hello i have a 2003 Saturn vue automatic cvt awd 4cyl. And would really like ur help in recommending what transmission I could swap with . And what else parts needed. Thank u very much bumblebeegsxr@gmail.com

20

2003 saturn vue cvt awd,,, tranny done need help, email or respond for email... thank u

385

Follow thsi link: http://goo.gl/WxnRIK

10

Why doesn't the link: http://goo.gl/WxnRlK work?

Hello, pretty late in this but I made the mistake of buying a 04 Saturn vue and need swap info. Having huge tranny issues.

60

I don't know about the 2004 model, but on the 02 and 03 Vue it's pretty simple to swap out the CVT with an AF23 transmissiom from a similar year Saturn Ion. You have to: 1. Modify the transmission wiring harness (using the harness from an 02-03 Vue V6) 2. Make some kind of front transmission mount (I used steal straps bolted to the front mount that came from the Ion with the AF23) 3. Replace the TCM with a TCM from an 02- 03 V6 Vue. 4. Put some kind of spacer between the Axle extension shaft and it's mount, to make up the 1/4in difference between the CVT and AF23 transmissions. (I used the an Axle seel from the old CVT, since it is the right width and fits right over the axle) I found all the info on Saturnfans.com, there's a thread there (that's been used recently) that discusses it. I also got the manual someone made (it lays out what to do on the wiring harness) which can also be found there.

I need the link if you find it

10

I have a 2003 Saturn vue with a 2.2 motor .. I have a good transmission out of a 2004 Saturn vue with it interchange

If your tranny 2004 2,2l front w. Drive automatic Saturn vue I need it.

Need help, I have a 2004 saturn Vue 3.5 all wheel drive that was in an accident. I also have a 2006 saturn vue 3.5 front wheel drive that needs an engine. Can I swap the 2004 engine and trans all wheel drive into the 2006 front wheel drive and just not hook up rear drive shaft to trans?