The Key Resistance # to a 1991 Firebird Formula

25

Asked by Feb 20, 2008 at 10:31 AM about the 1991 Pontiac Firebird

Dealerships cant find # on their websites, for some odd reason it shows up blank on their GM websites, its been a pain in the ass trying to find the #, someone please help

42,595

If you are talking about how to charge the PassKEY system, you can have this done by many small auto parts stores or home centers. They can cut and "program" or in this case charge the small chip in the key.

20

That sounds like and amazing problem on your hands. I had to have a new door key cut from code at a dealership. You may want to be sure you are taking it a Pontiac dealer, not just GM or Chevy. Make sure they actually specialize in Pontiac. If you still can't find the code, you may need to buy a new ignition or computer... good luck!

75

The easiest way is with a ohm meter actually. ohm from the tip of the key to the point of contact in the rubber and that " should " be your rating.

35

I have a 1992 firebird ( same car as a 91 ) and needed an extra set of keys and all I did was went to our local locksmith shop they were able to check the key I had ( original key ) and matched it perfectly with a new set of keys. They can do what ever the dealer can when it comes to coded keys.