I have a 1992 pontic sunbird and it runs great. I started having problems with it recently. When it heats up it starts running rough and then stalls out . Will not start back up right away .

Asked by Sep 27, 2012 at 07:00 PM about the 1992 Pontiac Sunbird

The car runs great when cold. When driving for about 5 minutes or less it rides rough then stalls out at a light.  When it stalls out , I have to wait about 10 minutes before ot starts back up.  My mechanic cannot figure out what is wrong.

2,815

sounds like an ignition problem...maybe coil packs getting hot and shorting out, but thats just a guess, need a code reader and visual check

7,085

Dose it have the 6 cylinder engine?

30

Hi, Daniel. Did you find any resolution to your car's issue? If so, what was it? Thanks in advance.

Like I answered for someone else on this site. Two times I had an injector short internally when the car or the injector warmed up anyway and the car would die. The short draws too much amperage out of the injector circuit the minimum voltage drops below operating spec and no injector gets fuel this is the 3.1L 91