my car runs well but after driving for awhile and coming to stop my car cuts off after awhile it startes right back up. whats the problem?

Asked by Jul 09, 2012 at 09:01 AM about the 1992 Pontiac Sunbird

13,195

Does it appear that your car might be stuck in overdrive? When this happens the engine will cut out when you come to a stop.

i dont think thats the problem because trans shifts good

13,195

Many times the lock-up on the torque converter will lock in fine. Its when it comes time to unlock that they fail and choke the engine off.

I had an issue two times with mine. I thought it was the fuel pump, but both times it had defective injectors that after it warmed up would short out internally and draw too much voltage out of the injection circuit thus deeming them all inoperative.