spare tire location 1995 transport

Asked by Mar 13, 2007 at 09:25 AM about the 1995 Pontiac Trans Sport

My daughter bought a 1995 transport and she called me this A.M. wanting to know where the spare tire was cause she had a flat. I can't just go there for its 6 hours from here. Just need to know how to get it.     Thank You.
                   Bud Wentz
                      budnruth3@msn.com

Hi Bud ... Man I couldn't come up with anything in the web. You or your daughter should drop a dime to the local Pontiac dealer and I'm sure they will clue you in. Good luck!

40

I know this is an OLD post but no one ever answered it so I thought I'd put this up. The spare is UNDER the back of the van. You need to remove the tire tools from the passenger side rear compartment, the little 'door' behind the pouch just inside the rear hatch on the passenger side along the wall of the rear compartment. Place the sharp end of the tiretool into the receiver hole, just below the interior area of the rear hatch, above the bumper on the driver side. There is a hole that contains a bolt that needs to be turned/cranked to lower the cable that holds the tire under the van. The tool goes in at an angle, not straight in. When it gets to the ground, you will turn the 'T' bracket that is through the hub opening of the spare sideways and release it from the cable. Be SURE that you rewind the cable to the high position before you drive the vehicle. It is hung under the van like the spare on older pickup trucks.

Need to sell a 1998 pontiac montana transport. Runs in good condition

How much

Need to sell