I want to know if there is alot of steps to change the battery in the 1996 Pontiac Transport. I am told it is hard to change?

5

Asked by Jun 29, 2013 at 10:12 AM about the 1996 Pontiac Trans Sport

I want to know if there is alot of steps to change the battery in the 1996 Pontiac
Transport. I am told it is hard to change?

having read a few carguru posts have determined that there is a bar that must be removed with a couple of bolts holding this bar in...the trail gets cold as having difficulty coming up with pictures for ya~ at least the toyota van of the early 90's had a seat what pivoted forward to access, think yours is under the hood waaay back under the windshield, but like I say have been unable to find a suitable (or any) imagery of your situation~ BOLT IN BAR is the gig~

Only 1996 Trans Sport engine bay picture I could find, and I don't even SEE the battery ...the picture will get bigger, click on it

my 72 year old barber has one of these~...he ain't so good at parkin' it, the front plate is clobbered up beyond recognition....there really is NO LAW in this western town, only the kindness that you can sometimes find in your fellow human being~

"styled after a vacuum cleaner" the critics would say~

116,615

http://www.pontiac.com/owners/owner_resources/manuals.html

116,615

Maybe that one will work better. Pick year and model then press view manual. This will not show how to change but has other useful info that may interest you. Battery location is on page 6-8.

Yah....works....thank you...you know I always check to make sure the link hasn't landed in Bogus-land and sometimes have to give up all together and click the link myself...scoop the information and deposit it back...more runnin and squealin' involved, but takes the pain out of it....used to work with a guy who insisted that I check my own work again and again~yuk.

on page 264 clearly shows where item 1 is (right under the passenger side grill)---invisible~

5

It's not hard at all. 2 bolts at the radiator wall & 1 under the fender, in the wheelwell. The windshield washer reservoir is attached to the bar, but there i s plenty of hose that it does not need to be disconnected, just set it aside. The battery is underneath--proceed as in any other replacement