I have a 1996 Pontiac Grandam and It won't start... help please

Asked by Mar 30, 2014 at 05:21 PM about the 1996 Pontiac Grand Am

I have a 1996 Pontiac Grandam and I replaced the alternator and the battery is only a couple months old, it has new spark plugs and it still won't start, it dose turn over and I can hear the fuel pump engaging when put the key on the on position but it just won't start! please help!!

10

A number of possibilities still remain. Even though you hear the fuel pump engage that could still be the problem. I think the first thing I would do is to eliminate electrical as the issue. To do that I would recommend a shot of starter fluid. If it starts then electrical is ok. Re-check the plug wire connections. Are they correctly fed to the plugs? If yours has a fuel filter, clean or replace that. Good luck. I love my '96, but it has had problems now and then over its 190,000 miles.