I have a 97 pontiac firebird with a battery drain problem. When i started checking it...

Asked by May 21, 2010 at 02:33 PM about the 1997 Pontiac Firebird

I discovered that on one of the sets of wires coming off the distribution block was pulling 130  millamps. The wires connect to/actuate something in the far front driverside engine compartment and looks like its connected to the air box. My question, What are the two sets off wires plugged in here operating, why do they operate even if the car is off, and could they or one of the two be causing the battery drain. Thanks "Help I'm not a pontiac person!"

10,125

It could run any number of features in the car that does not power down with the key off. I would not necessarily fret over it.. Question: Have you had you battery checked at an auto parts store. Most do free checks. If the battery is dying overnight or after a day of not driving, chances are it is the battery.. If it is going dead during long periods of not driving the car (IE: a week or more), I would just get a battery maintainer.