one light open and other closed looks like the firebird is winking at you

Asked by Aug 31, 2013 at 11:26 PM about the 1998 Pontiac Firebird

My lights on my 98 firebird pantiack was doing a nasty nose when i turn my lights on and finally my passenger side light went out so I replaced the motor and when i hooked the new motor back on my lights started acting crazy. when i turn my lights on one goes down and the other goes up as if it is winking at me and vice versa. Somebody says to adjust the lights or something and can someone tell me how to adjust my lights to see if that works and fixes the problem? Please I cant drive me car in the dark meaning early in the morning or late at night

I'd get a NEW battery and clean the chassis ground lug that connects to the chassis...coarse wirebrush the lug and the territory that accepts the lug to provide Strong Ground for ignition, fuel systems, ECU and power windows....etc. the starter needs 300 amps at least and the ECU brain takes up perhaps .75mA ....so the fact they do share the same ground seems inextricable~

122,665

Did you make sure that the light you did not fix was in the up position when you hooked up the new motor on the other one? If not that's probably your problem. With the light with new motor in the up position unhook the power supply. Then turn lights on to raise the other light. Now hook power supply back to light with new motor. They should work right now.

Dandy, you're wearin' the cap....so glad I was key in placin' that on your head...the thanks really belongs to Henry_S who did all the heavy lifting and paid for the postage...I think these were a giveaway for the Cambridge public radio station....Henry gave one to me for sending him a pound of Nueske's bacon (I was bob_nueske at the time) DavidH25 (everyone's favorite) said "where's mine?" and henry said that he'd get it to him but....waited and waited, finally I sent him mine and came up with "the dirty dozen"....you're one of them...wear this cap with PRIDE!

122,665

Thanks for the hat judge_roy. Not sure how long I will keep this avatar up tho.

James, guess you weren't part of the original "dirty dozen"...contact Henry_s in management...wonder if he's still got them left...was a Cambridge NPR giveaway with donation~ Happy to see him wearing that one...kind of a "uniform", you might say...if it's really important to you, will send you mine- ~...click on the Orange bullhorn and say "Henry, where's MY cap?"

see the reason you may have been overlooked as you put out there "it sucks balls!!" which is not a kind thing to say....and hurtful for someone who happens to LOVE these-----so the negativity is what killed you, my man~

It's okay Dandyoun you've got it 'mirror image' anyways...handsome picture, mine looks like a carnival clown who you squeeze the nose and a honking sound emanates...I've been thinking about changing mine too, but there is something nice about knowing what your guru looks like~

79,145

Next to the head light assembly there is a round knob. This is to manually raise or lower the headlight assembly. You'll see it when you open the hood. Turn it one direction or the other to raise/lower the headlight assembly. HTH. -Jim