My 1999 montana will not start. Recently the pass key light came on before starting

20

Asked by May 28, 2013 at 05:13 PM about the 1999 Pontiac Montana

For a while there the pass key light would come on and it wouldn't start. Give it a few
minutes or take the key off the ring or move the shifter through all the gears (or all of
the above) and it would start. Also if you were not parked on completely level ground it
would not start. Sometimes moving the vehicle a few feet would get it to start.
So I was told to by a module off these guys: http://newrockies.com/
I have it wired right (per the factory specs) and the passkey light goes off after 2
seconds but now it will not start. I have power to the radio, the lights etc but when I turn
the key nothing happens.
Anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

20

The module did not fix the specific problem but may fix the problem for others with an exact keypass issue. My problem ended up being the neutral safety switch. 30$ and 2 hours later I was able to fix the problem. The van has been starting perfectly since changing over the Neutral safety switch. I asked many people about the problem and only my older neighbor had a way to fix it after listening to me explain the problem. Hope this helps someone else.