99 pontiac grand prix won't run/stalls after a few minutes and then hard to get to start back

20

Asked by Mar 09, 2014 at 11:31 AM about the 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix

The car stalled out one day at a red light. It started back and  kept going. It stalled out again and had a hard time starting back. Finally, driving down the road at 55mp it started jumping and cut right out. Would not start back for a while. After sitting for a bit, started back and would not idle and cut right back out. We had a 0102 code that said MAF sensor. Replaced the sensor and started up and cut back out after 4 miles. Tested the cam sensor, and it was fine. Replaced the Crankshaft sensor and it started up, idled for about 4 minutes and shut off. Gave us the 0102 code again now. When you press on gas pedal, it revs up and down and then cuts off. Any ideas?

21,965

First, make sure all maintenance is up to date- filters, plugs, etc. then have someone check out that code if maintenance doesn't make it go away- enough already with the stinkin' "codes"

20

Jamnblues, we changed all of the maintenance first.. Did not change anything. We also changed the MAF sensor (which is what the code says) and CP sensor as well. Going to check the fuel pressure today and check the wiring of the CP sensor.

20

Just thought I would let you all know what fixed the problem. The first MAF sensor we bought was defective. Traded for another yesterday and the car is running great.