99 gt, when i drive for a while then stop at the stop light then take off my car will shift hard then my rpms and traction contral will quit working??? does anyone know what it could be?

335

Asked by Jan 25, 2011 at 06:17 PM about the 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix

3,595

Sounds like part of the problem could be with the Wheel Speed Sensors. Is the ABS working properly? To check this, feel for vibration or pulsing through the brake pedal when you stop. However, from the nature of the problem, it could be a short between wires going to the WSS and the Crankshaft Position Sensor, which tells the computer how fast the engine is turning over. I'm not sure if that is a problem you would want to diagnose or repair yourself.

335

Okay ill go check all that, and i will keep you updated. thank you

725

it sounds like your car is doing a down shift instead of an upshift.. it could be problem with the cars computer chip or the actual gears. more than likely needs to be checked out by a real mechanic

have the maf sensor replaced or check the vac hose going to it for cracks,splits.

335

Its my computer, lol its messing up everything my radio will trip out and my headlight wont turn on. so i gotta get a new computer for it. but thank you for all your answers. im ready to buy a new G8 haha i wish