'99 Grand Am GT 2DR Coupe V6 3.4L Ram Air Intake

35

Asked by Dec 27, 2008 at 11:14 PM about the 1999 Pontiac Grand Am

Ok so I've had my Grand Am for a little while and had no real expensive problems just had to replace front two
struts. For the first time i'm having electrical issues with only the left side of the car. The turn signal flashes
irregularly only on the left. The brake light also does not seem to want to light on the left. I've replaced all bulbs
but am still stuck with the problem. I have an idea that it may be the sockets? Advise if possible.

2,300

The turn signals will flash irratic, as in twice the normal speed? That happens when a bulb is burned out. You say that you've replaced the bulbs and the issue is a recurring problem. Since the issue seem to be isolated on the left side of the car only, I'd venture to say the issue is in the tail light assembly. That's where I'd begin to investigate. Chances are, the vehicle was involved in an accident at some point and that was an area affected by damage. I'd remove all the bulbs and check voltage on each socket. If that checks out, I'd remove the entire assembly and inspect all connections and the wiring going to the assembly from the harness. Could be the unit should have been replaced but wasn't. It may be as simple as a ground connection? If this dead ends on you, refer to some one with electrical knowledge. It's electrical but you need to isolate it exactly.