I have a 2000 Grand Prix and i am having problems with The coolant/possible leak?

55

Asked by Jan 21, 2015 at 01:13 AM about the 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix

im gonna be honest I hadn't put coolant for a while and it overheated the other day when I was driving home it splashed all over everything.. so I went out and bought some coolant and put it and it seemed like there was a hole it was leaking out then I stopped and it stopped as well so I took it as maybe I overfilled it. I got in the car and started driving and the "low coolant" light had turned on again even though I just put some I didn't feel it al the way to the top but I did feel 50-70% of it! through the "engine coolant cap" and the other little coolant cap where other cars usually take their water., I checked it again today and it was the same so I put a little more to fill it up and it was leaking again! a lot this time! so I stopped filling it and it stopped leaking ...I then tok it for a drive and on my drive way were little spots where it was leaking...while I drove it no coolant light turned on and no smoking and the thermometer was perfect. I got home lifted the hood and it was splattered all over the top of the engine and everywhere else...what could it be? I amr eally worried this is my only car.

900

well it could be a multiples of things wrong with it now since you didnt take the time to check it out before it could be a blown water pump a hole in the radiator a hole in one of the coolant lines or the tubes or lines that go to the heater core.but if it was my only car i would replace all coolants lines.remember rubber expands with heat and pressure so that could be the reason as to why you see it leaking so much when your filling it back up. well i hope this helps somewhat cause the list can go on and on

Best Answer Mark helpful
60

invest in a bottle of Barsnone Block sealer