I have a 2000 Grand am 4 L When I go to start the car it seems like it is not getting enough gas to start. If I give it some gas while turning it over it seems to start a little easier. If I dont give

Asked by May 02, 2013 at 10:58 PM about the 2000 Pontiac Grand Am

Sounds like a fuel pressure issue. I'd start by checking the fuel pump fuse and the relay. Check your manual for locations. Or if you have help they should be able to hear the pump start when the key is switched to run, to many noises in the cab! Also if the pressure is low at the motor it could be either a blocked fuel filter or an issue with the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail. Buy or rent a fuel pressure test gauge. If that checks out and it is pumping the pump might be worn out and not able to meet the pressure requirements of the engine.

Here's how to test a fuel pressure regulator --- http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/showpost.php? p=1922161&postcount=15 --- While you are at the site, check out the repair section.

could be your air intake valve /sensor locted on the carb .

Idol control valve^^^

Yah plausible. Never had to many issues with mine, and everytime I figured that was the issue it was something else. The last time I had an idling issue it turned out to be a coil pack. Time before was fuel pump.