2000 grand am...rough idle especially when cold.dies out with no sign

115

Asked by Sep 28, 2010 at 01:32 AM about the 2000 Pontiac Grand Am

it has a rough idle , very bad when cold, when im at a stop ligh or dirve through in drive too long it starts to jerk a little, its died out about five times with out any sign, jerk or rough idle  or anything.......do you think it could be the fuel pump or something alonng the lines of that.? thanks

785

don't think it is a fuel pump. could be bad plugs and wires, or the torque converteris bad making it stall.

115

it has a recent tune up from about four months ago. i am going to school for this stuff and my instucter cleaned the rpm thing and thinks its the throttle body..? im not sure thanks

65

This currently accord to my Pontiac if the car gauges move all the way then back and the car does not turn on this can mean that your fuel is not reaching the engine causing the car not to turn on. This might be due to a bad fuel pump or bad wiring when i myself changed the fuel pump it still was not functioning but when I had the wiring fix it started working been working for now 3months. So test the fuel pump before replacing it if it works then its the wiring. GOOD LUCK! :)