some kind of electrical problem on 01 sunfire 2.2

55

Asked by Oct 28, 2010 at 11:35 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Sunfire

alright i'm tired of this problem i'm getting a key in ignition error code changed the ignition lock cylinoide and still there on top of all that i'm getting transmission gear ratio out of sync and tp and app circut low none of the codes come back for a while after erasing also when driving down the road and only when i'm on bummpy roads the car seems to misfire or set off codes ive changed too many things on this car and my funds are running low 4 different mechanics cant even tell me whats wrong with it but i'm pretty sure someone else has had this problem

105

I have had a similar issue with the ignition code. I have an '02 Sunfire SE. My Avatal alarm/remote start was throwing off security codes, and cutting power to the fuel pump. It was caused by the resistances being off by a few ohms. The 2000+ gm models have built in resisters on each key, if the ignition switch doesnt read the right resistance from the key, it will go into security fault and shut down the fuel pump to keep the car from being stolen. When I took it to the shop, the only code they could find was the key fault code. The guy who installed my alarm is the one who figured out the resistance issue.

55

well whats the chances that i got a bad lock clyinder from the junk yard then but for four months it wasnt sending a fault code i put the used one in and it continued to do the same thing but no code