Why is one headlight dim with brand new bulbs?

Asked by Jan 06, 2008 at 06:45 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Sunfire

I just replaced both headlight bulbs, however one headlight, the passenger side, is still dim. I switched the bulbs, put the passenger in the drivers side and the drivers in the passenger side and the passengers side is still dim, so I know it is not the bulbs. I have plugged and unplugged the bulb several times to make sure that there is a good connection to no avail. Am I going to have to replace the wiring harnesses? If so how tedious of a job is it. I looked at them and cannot figure out how to take them off without cutting the wires?

no on wiring harness.check your ground to light also is the head light cover dulled out on that side or it could just be the plug in.

43,535

Yes, agreed. The plastic covers often get yellowed with age. Also, it could be an optical illusion if the headlamps themselves are not properly aligned -- you may want to have this done. You might be looking at the pass. side from a slightly different angle and it appears dimmer.

35

ELECTRIC FLOWS FROM NEGITIVE TO POSITIVE REPLACE THE GROUND TEMPORARLY IVE HAD SAME PROBLEM EVEN THOU LIGHT WORKS UP AND DOWN STILL NEEDS GROUND FOR LAMP