where is the air pump relay switch located on a 2001 pontiac grand prix gt?

70

Asked by Nov 09, 2012 at 09:43 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix

33,615

Air pump? Only air pump I know of is mechanical and hasn't been put on a domestic car since the early 90's

7,025

load leveling device?

33,615

After thinking about it I did some digging and apparently the California emissions equipped cars still have secondary air pumps that are electronic now. So apologise for saying there is no such thing, I was wrong. On top of that they are well known for getting water into them due to their location, and commonly trip a P0410 code. The easy fix is to reroute the intake hose to a higher and drier place. Learn something new everyday. I am curious as to why are you asking for the relay location? ------------------------- http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ ride_images/3/2340/681/ 30847840018_large.jpg --------In the picture you will see exactly what's under your hood but probably cleaner. Looking at the dead center where it says 3800 in blue look left for the silver rectangle with the big red positive battery lug cover on it mounted to the passenger side shock tower.. That's the power distribution box where it is most likely located. Yours will not be painted silver it will be black.

70

air pump continues to run after engine has been turned off. Have replaced pump & check valve. relay is the last resort.

70

BTW, relay is not in the under hood fuse block.

70

Thanks for your help!!

33,615

I'll try to dig up some wiring diagrams to see what I can't find about what acts as a fuse.

10

I know this is three years old, but I was getting the same indications. I replaced the A.I.R Pump and had the codes reset. The Check Engine Light came on immediately. I then replaced the A.I.R Check Valve ($65) and it went out and has stayed out. Both jobs were easy to do and could be handled by anyone who has some basic mechanical knowledge. The check valve went bad because the pump got water in it. The valve eventually rotted out. The 30 Amp fuse had blown, but I didn't need to replace the relay. CEL is now off and can pass NYS safety inspection.