2001 astek my key is stuck in my ignition i cant get it to turn back in the off position to get my key out hepl plz

Asked by Apr 30, 2012 at 02:26 PM about the 2001 Pontiac Aztek

the car wont turn over my steering wheel wont lock my doors wont lock and the key is stuck in the place right before on

405

Don't be insulted by this question but is the car in park or neutral? If so, try starting the car up, cycle through the gears then back to park or neutral. Now try to take it out. Let me know what happens.

9,625

try pulling the wheel to the left or right and turning the key at the same time and see if that helps.

20

I had this issue a month ago with my 2002 it was because my batter terminals were loose

I have the same issue...I restart the car,but make sure the shifter is all the way in PARK,an make sure the shifter button POPS out!! good luck

100

If your battery is dead, the ignition sensor won't work. This sensor tells the car that its in park. If it doesn't get the signal, it won't let you turn the key all the way back and release the key. You can over ride this. Beneath the ignition under the steering column is a rubber button / cap. Pop it off. Push a small diametered dowel or anything else which fits into the hole. You will feel it push a button inside the steering column. While you have the button pressed, turn and remove the key.

I just had the same problem my 2001 Aztek it was the connection to the battery we tightened it down and it's fine now

How do I get my Pontiac aztek truck to turn off the keys coming out but it want let me turn the truck alway off how can I turn my truck off