I have a guy putting on a power steering pump on my 2002 Pontiac Sunfire. He did have to disconnect the PCM to get to it , now it won't start. The security light never flashed but he went thru the pro

30

Asked by Sep 07, 2015 at 10:45 AM about the 2002 Pontiac Sunfire

Process anyway again and again .
He has had my car 5 days now.
Today he has someone coming with
a dishes I guess of the whole
electrical system is it possible the car
may never start ?

64,945

Did he check the PCM fuse(s). If he didn't bother to disconnect the negative (-) battery cable before unplugging the PCM it's possible that the fuse blew. It's also possible that since he's fooled with the security system that's an issue as well. You may wind up being towed to the local GM dealer for the security system fix! HTH. -Jim

30

Ok he says he got it started and I was just getting ready to tow it but says it dies when he moves the bracket ? I said can I come over he said not out of the woods

30

Oh wait it dies when moving the harness I don't understand but sounds hopeful , right ?

64,945

Yes, sounds like a bad electrical connection. Since he knows which harness to move to make it quit, he'll be able to find the bad connection. HTH. -Jim