Where is the carburator on a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2?

Asked by May 29, 2012 at 01:32 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Sunfire

I ran out of gas in my 2002 sunfire, now it wont start.
It will turn over once I got a jump, but will not fire.
Should I prime the carb?

251,345

When you run out of gas, you probably sucked up all the dirt particles that reside on the bottom of the fuel tank and they got into the fuel lines. Clogging the fuel filter and injectors. I'm sure you have the original motor, which does not use a carburator. If you didn't burn out the pump and it still runs, does it turn on when you turn the key, buzzing sound for 5 seconds? If so, I suspect your injectors are clogged. If you don't hear the sound of the fuel pump you'll need to replace it. THe battery might also be low on charge since you said you had to "jump" it, I suspect you tried starting it too many times draining the battery. FYI for the future: You should always fill up when you get to a quarter tank of gas, as the fuel in the tank is used to keep the pump cool. No fuel and the fuel pump overheats.

it's next to the muffler bearing ! there hasn't been a carb on a car since the late 80s. the reason it won't start is the lines are dry , turn the key on(without cranking it) for 5 seconds then turn it off do that about 3 - 5 times and then crank it , it will start right up.