2002 pontiac aztek had electrical issus and now wont start.

Asked by Jul 31, 2013 at 03:01 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Aztek

I have a 2002 Pontiac Aztek. Over the past few months there has been some
electrical issues with the doors locking and unlocking themselves, sometimes
the rear hatch wouldnt work, sometimes the headlights wouldnt work, sometimes
the windows wouldnt roll up or down. I researched online and all things pointed
to a BCM. A few days ago the car wouldnt start. When you turn it the first click
every electronic works fine but when you turn it the next click to turn the engine
on it just clicks like the battery is dead and all electronics turn off and then the
key gets stuck in the ignition. I charged the batter and tried to jump it and its
always the same scenario. I read that the car wouldnt start if the BCM
completely died so I purchased one on amazon and installed it today and it still
won't work. Not sure what to do now.

sheesh...get a NEW battery, and when you install it disassemble and wirebrush the lug end what attaches to the frame/chassis...wirebrush that location too...this cable needs to pull 300 cold cranking amps...and doubles as the main system ground....that's why I'm so disappointed that you did not to this first rather than buying additional components that were perfectly fine but suffered from "brown power" inextricable that auto makers STILL share the 300 amp connection with the ,75 amp requirement (ECU, ignition) because with EVERY start this connection gets fire-hot and "welds" itself in place....creating a layer of electrical debris~ this is the cause of your failures....modern tin/antimony car batteries (no LEAD anymore) will need replacement after five years...will stop accepting a charge ten percent per year~

a coarse wirebrush and NEW battery will put you right (after a fashion)~