When I turned off the lights of my 2003 Pontiac Montana the dashboard, parking and brake lights will not go off. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Asked by May 13, 2016 at 03:35 AM about the 2003 Pontiac Montana

I have a 2003 Pontiac Montana. I came home in the evening and turned off my lights but
discovered the dashboard, parking lights and tails lights were still on when exiting the van. I
looked through the manual and tried several things but the lights are still on with everything
else off. My battery will be dead by the morning if I can not get them to go off. Does anyone
have any idea what it going on? Thanks

Have you checked your dimmer switch and maid sure it was not pushed up all the way

I'm sorry it sounds to me like it could be the head light switch itself it might be malfunctioning

Did check the dimmer switch and it was not that.

The battery was dead in the morning. After jump-starting the battery the lights were working properly and went off when the van was turned off. An hour later, when the van was turned off, the dash, parking and tail lights remained on again. Will need to have someone look at it.