what is the best system and amp to put in a 2003 Pontiac grand am sedan?

Asked by Apr 22, 2015 at 04:31 PM about the 2003 Pontiac Grand Am

i don't want any subs under 12" i would prefer kicker speakers but i mainly want whats
going to sound the best

James Kitlas

There are so many choices out there. Best to shop around at car stereo shops for deals. Ask them about sales & specials, and similar systems installed in 2003 Pontiacs. Your budget & money is the deciding factor, for wild or mild, the best or less. Remember the bigger the sub-woofer the more watts are needed on the sub-amp to drive it. Example: a 4 speaker system with 1 sub woofer you could get by on 500w-750w's. A premium sound system 6 speakers (using mids & tweeters) 1 or 2, 12"-15" subs, would need 1000w+. $$$'s. I used a Alpine 4 speaker system with 1 Kicker 12" sub, & sub-amp. Pyle makes good stuff too. If more speakers & subs are used best to use 2 amps (bi-amp) everything because they get hot!

Rockford fosgate p1 they are 1000 watt R.M.S. they take a he'll of an amp but they will only run u about 250 to 300 bucks and they even have duel voice coils u can basically blow them twice and don't take much to rebuild. And lightning audio amps are made by Rockford Fosgate I got a 750 watt amp from wall Mart on sale for 50 bucks brand new it's was a bad sounding system I could set off business alarms at slow speeds at night as far as a stereo I hate to say it but JVC makes a awesome stereo make sure u get one with a low pass filter and a high pass filter it will make sure not to much bass goes through your stock speakers or after market speakers and not to much treble through the subs the stereo is what really makes a good system

And if u bridge out your amp you will get twice the power per channel but it will not be in stereo and it changes the resistance also known as ohms witch will make it to where u need less or more power and if u set them up in line they will change the ohms and also change the way they hit and depending on the speaker box u may have to reverse the wires on one if the expanchen areas are not separate on both speakers or they will fight each other and blow or sound like crap

As far as car speakers I've had the best luck with a pioneer speaker system I've had pretty good luck with jbl or a JVC speakers are pretty good like I said Pioneer was the best stereo and speaker set up with Rockford Fosgate AMP AND P1 SUBS OR EVEN THE P2S WERE A HARD HITTING SYSTEM AND I ONLY PAID LIKE 500 BUCKS FOR THE WHOLE SYSTEM DASH KIT AND 0 GAGE WIRES ALSO A CAP AND NOISE REDUCER AND A ADAPTOR FOR THE ANTANNA IF NEEDED AND ALSO BLUETOOTH, USB READER/CHARGER AND AN AUX input preferably not one on the face on the stereo one that hooks up in different place like inside your center council. They are awesome also if u don't have any of that you can go to wall Mart and get a f.m. transmitter that will hook up with a blue tooth phone are I pod pad etc I hope this all helps