I'm getting water on the drivers side floor of my car when it rains, nothing else in the car is wet. Do you think that i could have a hole in the floor of my car?

Asked by Jun 11, 2015 at 04:24 PM about the 2003 Pontiac Bonneville

70

You could have a bad seal in your window. You may also have a leak in heater core, although usually it would leak into passenger side. Check the color of the fluid with a white towel, if it looks like your coolant... then you need to replace your heater core.

70

It could also be hoses etc related to heater core.

The water is not by the door it is by the center consul, partially under seat then works its way to the excelerater

70

Well you need to check the color of the fluid to find out if it's coming from your engine or if it really is just water. Unless you're running only water in your radiator/cooling system you would be able to tell. If it's just dirty water and you have regular coolant you can cross heater core / coolant issues off the list. An A/C system can condense atmospheric water and it will run off in puddles, but it is 99% outside of the car. A bad seal in the door or windows can leak water in easily and puddles would form at the lowest point underneath the dash, not necessarily closest to the window.

Thanks I will check it out

605

Lochsaw has given good advice. But you could have a hole in the floor pan. That should be easy enough to visually check from underneath the car.