I Have a 2005 Pontiac sunfire and i have replaced the power steering pump and the break line and i fixed the crack in my transmission pan with some jb weld but my car wont go into gear or anything

Asked by Jan 31, 2014 at 11:58 PM about the 2005 Pontiac Sunfire

I Have a 2005 Pontiac sunfire and i have replaced the power steering pump and the break line and i fixed the crack in my transmission pan with some jb weld but my car wont go into gear or anything all my lights come on inside my car and when I turn the car on it makes a ding ding ding noise and now I am gnna have to replace the starter. so why wont it start and go into gear??????

okay....multiple problems...you could start by checkin' the transmission mounts for separation...as far as the electrical problem can only suggest that you get a NEW battery if yours is older than FIVE and wirebrush the connection from the fat black battery cable to the chassis ground by disassembling the pieces tills shiny so the full amperage can get through~

....an undervoltage condition can produce "spooky" electrical problems~...sunfire, eh, there has got to be "fields" of them at pickNpull~ ...I'd spend a dollar and bring the wheelbarrow and toolbox to get the replacement parts for cheap there~

sadly, you could take the console off and examine the connection of the cable and linkage to the transmission~ if engine and transmission mounts are okay~

Turn car on and press the brake pedal if the brake lights won't come on then, the problem is the stop switch located on the brake pedal. Which the part could be bad and cost around $10 for a new stop switch. But most likely its the fuse burnt out that says stop! Check it. It is a safety that won't allow the car to go in drive if brake is not applied and so like I said first check fuse. Also you can by pass by turning car off turn key up just one click then put car in neutral then start it then put in drive OK. However u still won't have brake lights till you fix the problem!