HOW COME MY REMOTE STARTER DOES NOT ALWAYS WORK

105

Asked by Sep 08, 2007 at 04:57 PM about the 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix

The remote switch or system does not always work properly. Sometimes I have to be right at the car for the doors to unlock or I can be 100 feet away and it works. I have only been able to start the car once remotely. I have a hard time unlocking the doors from far away and close by. Has there been any published problems with the GM remote start?

Thank you

85

The battery in your key fob may be getting low.Try replacing the battery.

105

I just changed it. The local dealership said that that the remote GM uses is infamous for this. But how can I fix the problem?

120

Your buttons on the inside of your remote are worn out. It is very common with your style of remote. You need the pad that keylessfix makes. Just check out their website. keylessfix.com They guarantee this fix for life and it is cheap.

10

I just fixed this today...both my remotes stopped working. Ordered a replacement housing with new rubber pads and contacts (which is what wears out) you just pop your old key fob open and put the circuit board into the new housing...works like new again!! Also sometimes the battery holder's solder comes loose as well.

90

It cost me 20 bux for a new one online or 5 at junkyard if I had known better.. Then do the instructions to learn the FOB. Gm gOt pissed and hung up when I asked them of indie it right I was like.. You wanted 120 to remove a fuse.. Hold the lock button till I hear chimes open passenger door clOse door, chimes then hold unlOck button on fob, cars receiver scans and then unlOcks door when done

200

I have the problem where sometimes it starts and sometimes it doesn't, the contacts are fine the unlock and lock are fine everything works but when I press the start button the tail lights light up and then nothing. then after I have manually started it, the next time I use the command start it works. Any Ideas?

50

the inside rubber contact ends of the buttons wear out so you just take super glue and super glue hole punched tin foil on each of the pad and It will fix the remote. The metallic contacts of the inside of the rubber cover wear out