Grand am warped rotors

25

Asked by Mar 01, 2008 at 12:38 PM about the 2005 Pontiac Grand Am

I purchased a used 2005 Grand Am a little over a year ago with 35K mi.
Last inspection my brakes barely passed so I took it for new shoes but was told my rotors were so warped
they wouldn't turn on the machine.  With 51k miles, should I take it back to the used car dealership or just
shop around for rotors? Thank you.
Celeste

6,655

After a year most dealers will tell you that it is not their responsiblty. The rotors are fairly inexpensive. But if you took it in for "shoes" what do the rotors have to do with it? If you have shoes, then you have rear drum brakes. If you need brake pads on the rear then you have 4-wheel disc. But I would say that after a year, this is going to be out of your pocket, sorry about the bad news. However as I said brake parts for the Grand Am are fairly cheap. As a side note, I am not sure where you live but in Camada for 2004/2005 and up almost all GM cars came with a 160 000kms (100 000 mile) warranty. BUT I know in the states Rotors are not covered by this, but in Canada they are?? There are a few other things (but they dont apply to your situation)

41,495

Yes, I would just hunt up some new rotors. 51k miles overall isn't bad for rotors, especially if the brake pads were marginal for awhile before you went looking for new ones.