Pontiac Torrent 6-cd player error

20

Asked by Nov 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM about the 2006 Pontiac Torrent

My girlfriend's Pontiac Torrent had its battery die when we were out to eat the other night. Unfortunately, it was my fault as i left a light on. We jumped the battery and now the 6-cd player is saying there is an error. When turning on the car, the cd player will make a 'whirrr' sound for a little bit. Pushing eject, insert, or changing cds doesnt do anything or it will said 'please wait' and then nothing will happen. sometimes the display will show the 'cd error' and sometimes it wont, either way its not working. I've read some forums of this happening to a lot of people when there battery dies on this make/model. The display will also say "cd6 t3". Is there a way to fix this without having to go to a dealer and pay hundreds of dollars for labor/new cd player? Why would the battery dying out cause the cd player to stop functioning properly? Any help would be much appreciated.

91,005

As you already have an error try disconnecting the battery, turn on the headlights, wait 30 seconds, turn off the headlights, reconnect the battery and start engine then try player, if it don't work then the dealer will have to key in the code for the player to work, or you could replace it with an aftermarket unit that won't lock if the battery dies.

20

Thank you for the reply. I thought I would post an update of what has happened. I hadn't had a chance to attempt your suggestion before the cd player just started working on its own. For almost all of today, the cd player still had the error and would make the 'whirr' sound every time someone open the car door. But for reasons unknown to me when my gf turned on the car tonight, the cd player worked completely fine. I will keep your suggestion in mind if we ever encounter this problem again. Thanks again!