air conditioning refrigerant

Asked by Sep 01, 2009 at 12:19 PM about the 1993 Plymouth Sundance

how much refrigerant goes into 1993sundance 2.2l

7,555

I believe that originally took r12 so you'll need a r134 retrofit kit (if you don't already have one)... r12 and direct substitutes are all but unobtanium. Usually you need to have the system evacuated when this is done, even if your car has cut-off valves (I don't think it does) because the lubricants in r12 don't mix with r134 and vice-versa... Generally anytime you charge an AC system you should evacuate it first. the lubricants breakdown over time and it's best to ensure that the system holds a vacuum before charging to ensure no leaks are present. It's my opinion that AC repair and charging is something that really shouldn't be left to the DIY'er... It can be very dangerous and people tend to do more harm than good to their AC. IMO roll your window down or take it to a shop...