short in the ignition system?

140

Asked by Dec 08, 2011 at 10:43 AM about the 1996 Plymouth Neon

1996 Neon-runs great ...new everything (including the coil)...but it will suddenly quit running (like turning a switch off..no warning)..than it might take several attempts to get it running again...I think it must be some kind of electrical short in a wire of the ignition system..any thoughts out there about this ....or is there a relay or component that may be the problem????.....thanks

10

I can not get key to turn so I can start car. It is as though I'm using wrong key

140

It turned out that the crank sensor was mal-functioning and I replace it and that fixec the problem. You might want to lubercate the key with lock oil - if not that than a new ignition switch.