Engine fuse box

Asked by Feb 28, 2018 at 12:30 PM about the 1997 Plymouth Neon

I have a 1997 Plymouth Neon my engine fuse
box has no power I wanted to know if it matters
what year of a neon fuse box I put in or does it
have to be from a 1997 Plymouth Neon ?

40,735

Is the old fuse box badly corroded or physically damaged? That's about the only reason for changing one. Technically any fuse box would work, but one that's the same shape with same mounting points and has labels in correct spot would work best (ie one from the same model/year as your car). If you can't find an OEM one for a 97 Neon, no big deal, just use a generic one or kit one you can get anywhere. Parts stores have them. It goes without saying, you have to replace it exactly right, so have a wiring diagram on hand, take before pictures so you know what went where, and follow a tutorial or guide, plenty of those online.