My 1998. Plymouth breeze won't gear down from Drive

Asked by Jan 06, 2015 at 01:28 AM about the 1998 Plymouth Breeze

I've been driving all day but just as I go to pick up my son..I geared down to reverse it felt
kinda tight so I geared again to Drive then it got the gear shifter in just going
up and down freely not gearing down at all

From what your saying sounds like the linkage came apart somewhere between the gear selector and the transmission.

Oh I hope it's just the link I just pumped 900$ into this thing I love this car but it's thinning my wallet

Thank you so much...what can I do from here?

Kaleio Clemente

Hello just last night on my way home from work I started noticing my car acting funny it would stall than a little bit but it drove ok after that then I smelled burn oil I opened the hood found the oil cap missing then I then I got a new one put it on turned on the car now it doesn't want to start everything comes on but the car HELP!!!