Just changed timing belt on my 2.4, 1999 voyager. Runs great but now stalls out at lights and sometimes at very low speed. Anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks, John

20

Asked by Feb 14, 2012 at 05:23 AM about the 1999 Plymouth Voyager

5

you might have the timing belt off by a tooth or two

525

I agree with Jordan, sometimes you can be off by one tooth on the timing belt and it will run ok. It's more obvious on older cars when you are a tooth off, the electronics will do a fair job compensating for it on newer ones. It would probably feel a little sluggish. Also, it may not idle with the A/C turned on.

20

I have the same voyager 1999 2.4 my water pump was leaking all summer now the timing belt broke do to the water leaking on the belt I change my water pump and timing belt my self I watch videos on UTUBE on how to time the cams the van run good but will not idle will stall at low RPM and stall all all stops I have to ride both the gas and brake at the same time just a tap on the gas and van will stay running now I have to take it apart and re do my timing.

20

Thanks everyone. It is now about a year later, van not stalling out as much, It needed a new fuel pump and that helped a lot. But still does not run as good as it did before I put the new timing belt on. I just don't feel like taking it all apart again so I deal with it.