towable

Asked by Oct 30, 2008 at 04:44 PM about the 1999 Plymouth Neon

can I tow a 1999 Plymouth 5sp on all 4

670

Pull it with a tow strap or chain? Yes, you can do that as long as you have it out of gear and the key on so you can steer.

I did that to a 1999 Plymouth Breeze Expresso a while back with my 1995 Dodge Dakota. I used a chain. It is key to keep tension on the chain or strap. The difficult of being the in tow vehicle is you have to be the brakes. The brake pedal is tougher to press due to the lack of no air going to the vacuum booster. Sometimes it would be easier to use the handbrake (if your emergency brake is hand controlled). But be careful as the brakes may start smoking. Of thy start smoking, release the brakes periodically.