what type of antifreeze does a 1999 plymouth breeze take?

10

Asked by Nov 25, 2015 at 01:19 AM about the 1999 Plymouth Breeze

Dexron or regular antifreeze?

22,305

What does the owners manual say?

79,415

Dexron is automatic transmission fluid. Use anti-freeze!

10

Dexron is also a type of antifreeze. I keep a bottle in the trunk of my other car. I just bought this other car and it didn't come with an owners manual, thank you very much. If it did, I would have read it. I probably know more about car repairs than you do. I do my own brakes, oil changes, can change out a radiator, starter and water pump. I've rebuilt 2 starters. If you're not going to help, don't reply.

79,415

I believe you are thinking of Dexcool.

79,415

Now what were you saying?

10

Okay, Dexron Dexcool. You had to know what I meant. I didn't need a smart ass remark. Or do you not know the answer?

10

That's what I thought.

257,545

PJ, how are we supposed to know what you meant by your original question? We get a lot of questions with minimal information and from people all over the world and at different levels of knowledge. We are guessing at best for some of the questions. F_O_R wanted to make sure you didn't add trans fluid to your cooling system. The clearer the questions the better we can answer the question. You'd be surprised on the questions we get here, so no need to kill the messenger.

52,585

DexCool is garbage in my opinion and can cause problems if mixed with regular antifreeze.. Use regular name brand antifreeze at a 50/50 ratio (antifreeze to water). Better yet, buy premixed 50/50 antifreeze and use it straight out of the bottle.

79,415

Mr. Know it all obviously does want any help so I am sure he can figure it out.

10

That's Mrs. know it all. Thank you very much.

52,585

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/08/gm_dexcool.html