2000 Grand Voyager overheating with AC is on

Asked by May 20, 2014 at 06:09 PM about the 2000 Plymouth Voyager

I have a 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager that has recently started overheating when the AC is on. If I never turn on the AC, it operates normally. If it does overheat, I can switch the AC to HEAT and it cools the engine down. So far, I have: replaced the thermostat (eventually just removed), replaced the serpentine belt, replaced the water pump, replaced the temperature sending unit, replaced the radiator cap. The radiator is relatively new (less than a year old). I have a new radiator cap on it with a thermometer. Normal operating temp (according to the radiator cap) is about 190.. When the dash temp gauge says it is overheating, the radiator cap still says everything is normal. But I know the dash temp gauge will only say overheating of my AC is on. The AC eventually stops blowing cool, the engine temp gauge then starts heating up, I switch to heat, and the engine temp gauge cools down.. The radiator cap temp stays the same the whole time..
????? Please help, really need to figure this out

300

Hello, Please check this repair manual i uploaded for you! this should hep you find and fix the problem. http://bit.ly/plymouth-manual