trying to start a 2000 plymouth neon after timing belt replaced hod do I get it to cycle the computer to get a reading and start again?

Asked by Dec 06, 2013 at 03:42 PM about the 2000 Plymouth Neon

6,715

you shouldn't have to do a relearn for cam crank position, should start right up if the timing is correct, if not double check, and if it won't even sputter I would say damage has already been done and valves have been bent on crank over, can you turn the engine over manually? is there excessive resistance?

105

Having the same problem. Plenty of compression, firing, getting fuel, new crank and cam sensors and still won't start. My mechanic is taking his dear old time. But, was told by another that it could be in the wiring or the computer.