1992 cutlass emergency lights are stuck on. How do I turn them off?

Asked by Feb 01, 2015 at 04:46 PM about the 1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

Car  "fainted" in town on busy road with a lot of traffic (problem #1), to keep from being struck by another car, I turned on emergency lights and now they won't turn off.(problem #2).
Car only faints when in town, does fine on highway.

35

Mine does that. In my case I think the tranny doesn't want to let go of the idling motor; when I stop the wheels with the brakes, it forces the tranny to stop and since the tranny has hold of the flywheel of the motor, it stops the motor too. Try shifting into neutral as you approach a stop. If that solves the problem, it is probably a solenoid in tthe tranny. Don't know the cost to fix; I've just lived with mine. Actually I don't need to shift into neutral unless I stop abruptly it seems, but I do stall at a corner sometimes, as careful as I am trying to be.

35

BTW my answer was for problem #2. I don't know how to turn off your stuck flashers. Sorry.