Problems with my 93 cutlass ciera

Asked by Dec 21, 2014 at 04:49 PM about the 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

i bought a 93 cutlass ciera with only about 90000kms about a year ago, car ran perfect
untill now. i had acouple holes in my exhaust so i replaced the whole thing and the car
was running abit rough so i changed the co2 sensor, spark plug wires and plugs, the
car was running good for about 3 weeks then i put some fuel injector cleaner and a
week later it died on me mid drive. So i pulled over and tryed to fire it and it would turn
over fine but it would not fire, i got it towed home acouple hours later and it fired..ran
for about 15 minutes then shut off. So i changed the Crank position sensor, fuel pump,
inline fuel filter, oil pressure sensor and it still dies after about 15 minutes of running.
When it died again i pulled a plug and put a old spark plug in to test the spark and it
sparked.

61,305

Sounds like the fuel injector cleaner worked a little too well. Sometimes on an older model it's best to let sleeping dirt lie. Could be the fuel injectors are now leaking and flooding out the engine. Is your service engine soon light on? If so and you have a rich fuel condition code I'd change those fuel injectors. HTH. -Jim

35

I had your exact problem. Did wires, plugs, coils, ignition control module, air filter, fuel filter, fuel pump, all 6 injectors, coolant temperature sensor, idle air control valve, cleaned the throttle body, cleaned the maf sensor, o2 sensor, pcv valve, cleaned all the grounds and got a new alternator and battery, ran some Seafoam, and had all those issues...... But I fixed it..... I took off the connector for the crank sensor, cleaned it, and put it on firmly. All issues gone after that one thing. I bought a new connector, but I haven't put it on because its driving like a new car--i mean, half the parts are new now. So I'd try that.

35

And the injectors on these cars are known to fail electronically. They're quite easy to change out, but make sure the engine is cold. And don't cheap out on the parts.

60

where is the crank sensor located??

I have a Oldsmobile Cuttlas Ciera 1996 3.3 V6 and the reader scanner showed me a service code 43 EST circuit -low voltage .what does it mean