power when key is on when key is turned to start no power starter and ignition switch has been changed with same result> Cutlass cierra 1994 2.2

Asked by Jul 15, 2014 at 06:17 PM about the 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

Are you saying that when you get to the start position, there is no power getting to the starter?I think there is a fusable link between the starter and the ignition. Follow the wires. If it's anything like my kids old VW Cabriolet, it will take some time. Usually burried way underneath everything. But before you waste your time, have you put in a new battery? Like I said, my kids car was doing the same thing. Had enough power to make little things work, but when you went to start it, nothing! Come to find out, it was a weak battery the whole time. I had the battery tested and everything. All tests said battery was good.

touch terminals on starter car will turn over but no power when key is turned to start

Ok...start looking for a fuseable link between starter and ignition. Have you used one of those 12 volt tester lights with the needle end that you poke into the wires? Have someone hold the key to the ON position and stick it in the main starter wire. If it doesn't light up, you know there has to be a fuseable link or broken wire between there and the ignition.