Ignition switch

105

Asked by Jun 27, 2009 at 09:39 PM about the 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

So, I have a '94 Cutlass, and as of lately after I drive and I get to my destination and I put the car into park, sometimes I can't turn the car off; the ignition switch won't budge at all. The car is in park, and when I try to turn the switch, I have my foot on the brake. What I want to know is what could possibly be wrong and has this happened to anyone else?

10

Krista, You might try spraying a small amount of powdered graphite into the lock and then put the key in and work the key back and forth a few times. At first dont turn the key far enough to start the car, just work it back and forth. Then spray a little more graphite into the switch and start the car. If the tumblers were sticking this will probably fix the problem.