1997 Olds Achieva Security

260

Asked by May 09, 2010 at 06:51 PM about the 1997 Oldsmobile Achieva

I've been have electrical problems lately, but not part of this discussion so I won't get in to them now, but here is my new problem!
I replaced the steering column in my Olds Achieva with a 1998 Olds Achieva column. When I went to start it, it starts but dies immediately. I tried over and over again with the same results. So I put my original column back in and now it does the same thing, starts, but dies right away?
I noticed that there is a security light in the instrument panel that keeps flashing. Maybe it always did this, I am not sure. I have the original owners manual and the only security that it talks about is the Anti-Theft radio feature, which is not enabled in my car.
I have disconnected the battery for several hours, but the cars still will not run, just starts and then dies?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time...Neal.

260

I have found the resolution to this problem. If you want to know what it is then email me. I will NOT post this to the internet, it is too good information.

20

PM sent teviknj

60

i have the same car, same problem. your help would be greatly appreciated. my e-mail is tammeyb46@yahoo.com, thanks a lot. :)

20

i have the same problem on my 1997 olds acheiva my email is rowseybell_td@yahoo.com

10

I am having the same issue and need to get it resolved ASAP. Please email me at kbfle@hotmail.com as soon as possible.

25

I have the same problem with my 1997 acheiva, PLEASE HELP!! bjones.buster@gmail.com

25

Still no response.... Can anybody help with the security issue???!!!

10

I am having the same issue. Please email me. mcloyd724@gmail.com

4,525

This is a very common and expensive problem to fix on GM vehicles. For all the info you need on how the system works, plus cheaper DO IT YOURSELF solutions, go to this site. It helped save my car and i havent had a problem yet. http://vatspasslockpasskeysecurityhelp.yolasite.com/

100

I have a 97 acheiva and it was starting and stalling right away , You could hear the fuel pump but it would n't stay running for more then a few seconds . I went and turned the key to on so all the dash lights were on and went in the house for twenty minutes when i came out the car started and stayed running I then bypassed the passlock cylinder by opening the steering collumn and cutting the yellow wire on the key cylinder . Car works fine I also ran wires connected to the cut wires down so i could reconnect in the future should the car act up . i beleive the problem may be in the ecm but for now i eliminated one part of the gm passlock system and it works good so far

45

I have the same problem can any one help? already changed the fule pump. My suspicion is the secrity system shuts down the car. It starts but dosn't idle. thanks

70

Caseymcdaniel22@gmail.com I have the same security system problem how do I by pass it

10

Would you email me the info please 160. 97 olds acheiva julhob6@aol.com thank you

Hi I have the same problem can u help me

30

I have had my 97 achieva for about 6 mths. The first time it started and died was about 2 mths ago. My son got it going after it sat for half an hour. Yesterday it happened again. This time it just refused to run. I had it towed to my local service garage. Looking back through the emails here I can see that it may be difficult to diagnose. Is there a simple cause? Email me if you can help. Douglaswilson384@gmail.com

I have the same problem, could you help me? teviknj, E-mail : Louis.castaneda.r@gmail.com

Same problem. Please help. Korina.kellum44@gmail.com

same problem please help autoage@hotmail.com